In this post, I share my 2017 New Year’s Resolutions and some helpful tips for achieving goals.
Since we are 1/4 of the way through the year, I wanted to give you an update as to how my resolutions are going. Resolutions are so important because they help you focus on what’s most important to you in the year. Please share your resolution progress in the comments below!
- Lose at least 15 pounds
- 5 more to go!
- Publish one short story
- outlining phase done!
- create at least 5 blog posts
- 3 more to go
- read at least 20 books
- 5 read so far
- beat Xenosaga
- I had to start over after 10 years hiatus
- practice drawing/painting at least once a week
- blog post about the struggle will be written
- become more elegant
- it’s a slow transition after being lazy and not caring
- be more organized
- so far so good
Tips For Achieving Your Goals
I find it’s helpful to have a planner so you can easily write down deadlines for your action steps.
- Write a list of your top goals
- Break up your goals into smaller, achievable steps
- Break down the steps even further and add realistic deadlines for each one
- Spend at least 1 hour every day working towards your goals
- Look for people/places/things that inspire you and refer to them especially when stuck
- Make sure you are progressing-even if it’s slowly- or else you’ll need to re-evaluate your plans